“Let the little children come to me; do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs. Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it.” Mark 10:14-15 (NRSV)
- Nursery – Nursery care is available for infants through age 3. Our nursery is a safe and secure environment, staffed by a professional child care worker. A deacon will be happy to show you to the nursery.
- Sunday School – On Sundays from 9:40 a.m. – 10:40 a.m. Preschool (3, 4, and 5 years old) is downstairs in Room 108; K-5th are in Fellowship Hall.
- Children’s Choir – On Sundays from 9:30 a.m. – 9:50 a.m. in Fellowship Hall, children in grades K through 5th are encouraged to make Children’s Choir a part of their regular Church School experience each week. The group is led by Choirmaster, Tom Clark-Jones who teaches them good vocal tone production, engages them in musical games and helps them to learn anthems which they share with the congregation on a regular basis. They sing at the 11:00 a.m. worship hour when they are ready with an anthem and at early service on Christmas Eve. All children are welcome!
- WOW (Wonder of Worship) – WOW is a continuation of the worship service for children age 3 through 1st grade. Children are invited to come forward during the singing of the last verse of the Psalter and sit on the steps for the Children’s Sermon. After the lesson, they may go with the worship leaders to the WOW program where they continue to take part in things that happen during worship: the Lord’s Prayer, passing the peace, a song, and a story. The children return to the Sanctuary in time to participate in communion.
- KOALA Club (1st-5th grade) - Kids On A Lifelong Adventure meets every week, as we come together for a time of games, music and learning. Our evening begins with 20 minutes of games. These games vary every week and are fun for everyone regardless of athletic ability. After games we begin handbook time where we learn Bible verses from our KOALA handbook. After handbook time, we have a brief song time, a lesson and then we pass out awards for anyone who earned Bible badges for the evening. Everyone who participates loves KOALA, so come be a part of this new fun adventure! Meets every Wednesday beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
- Sunday School – On Sundays from 9:40 a.m. – 10:40 a.m. middle school (6th-8th grade) meets downstairs in Room 103; high school (9th-12th grade) meets in fellowship hall.
- Youth Handbell Choir - On Sundays from 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. the youth of our church (6th-12th grade) meet in the bells room (up the stairs on the fourth floor) to play three octaves of English Handbells which were cast at the Whitechapel Foundry in England in the early 1950’s . There are usually a complement of eleven ringers, although the number may be expanded to meet the need as the church owns a full five octaves of bells making it possible to have as many as twenty ringers or more in the choir. We usually ask that a ringer have a bit of music reading experience, but we can even work with those who are complete musical novices. All are welcome and should contact Tom Clark-Jones, Organist-Choirmaster for details.
- Junior Youth Fellowship (6th-8th grade) – Every week we take a new topic that is relevant to youth in middle school and show them how God will help them deal with stress, hardships and joy of being a teenager. The games are always fun and the lessons are inspirational. Come and enjoy a great group of people who love having fun and spending time together! Meets every Wednesday beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the Boyd Building.
- Senior Youth Fellowship (9th-12th grade) – Every week, we do in-depth Bible study to expand the foundation of our faith. We study topics that impact our lives and bring us closer to God. Last year we did a series called Being Molded in God’s Image where we discussed the kind of life Jesus expects of his disciples. We debated and discussed how Jesus’ expectations of our lives do not often match our expectations of how we think we should live our lives. This year we are studying major disciples of the Bible and how ordinary flawed individuals are able to do great things for God in spite of their imperfections. Every lesson brings intense discussion and debate, so we welcome any and all viewpoints. Meets every Sunday beginning at 5:00 p.m. in fellowship hall for dinner.
- Commissioning Class – see Russell if you are in 9th-12th grade and are interested in becoming a member of Pine Street.